Friday, December 30, 2011

Update

I have been MIA from blogging for about 7 months after graduating for UC Berkeley. The initial reason I stop posting anything is that I was going through a really bad flare. I couldn't walk at all. I had excruciating pain in my legs. I had to force my body to walk to bed. I was really disappointed that I couldn't go to New York with my sisters and cousins. Instead I was taking it easy. I went to see my doctor and she put me on methotrexate in combination with Imuran. She took me off prednisone since it has stop working for me. I am so relieved no more prednisone. She said that I was the perfect candidate for Benlysta, the new FDA approved medication for Lupus. We will see if I am put on Benlysta. My new doctor in Orange County wants to put me back on prednisone instead.

It's been 5 months since I've been on methotrexate and I feel great. I have not have a flare since. Since graduating I have been reevaluating my life and what I want to do in the future. I have a 5 year plan about what I want to do with my life. I want to do something I love. I actually love writing. I want to get my Masters in Journalism or photojournalism. It would be great to be able to travel and work.

This time off I have been the healthiest I have ever been. I am actually looking and applying for jobs that are not in Orange County. The job market in Orange County sucks. I miss the Bay area and my old doctor.

Everyone has been telling me to enjoy my time off, but I want to work. I want to be productive. I am so bored, and stressed out at home. I have been cooking and baking from time to time. I guess you could say I have writer's block. I haven't been inspired in a long time. I am just starting to get into the swing of things again.

More posts to come.

xoxo,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment