Thursday, December 23, 2010

Santino Rice and Matthew Morrison all in one night


Before coming home to Orange Country, I spent two nights in LA with my friend Christian and his family. I love meeting his sisters and extended family. It reminds me of my family and how I interact with my brother and sisters. Christian is another brother to me. We have been through so much together. We even physically fight and he plays dirty by biting me. I actually have a bruise on my arm from his bite. I also have a bruise the size of an egg on my hip from him kicking me on my leg. I hope I gave him some bruises too. He is such an instigator. He always starts the fight and plays the victim...He can be such a girl at times. He even takes showers longer than me. I usually am done getting ready before him.

Anyway, we went to Umami Burger in Hollywood since his mom suggest it to us. Umami is a Japanese term. In Japanese, umami is one of the five basic tastes together with sweet, sour, bitter and salty. It comes from the Japanese term umai ‘delicious’ and mi 'taste'. I got the Umami burger-their signature burger. It was good, but a little too rare for my taste even though it was medium rare. The sweet potato fries were delicious. They dust the sweet potato fries with cinnamon-giving it a little kick. If you savor the fries you can taste the cinnamon. The lychee soju was so yummy...It was not bitter. It was just perfect. The meal did not give me food coma which is good. I thought that eating a burger and fries would make me feel heavy afterwards, but the burgers here are not too big and not to small. It was filling. I was so surprised to see Santino Rice from Project Runaway sitting in front of me. He is bigger in life. I was just staring at him the whole time while he was eating. I did not go up to him and say anything because he is just a regular person trying to eat. Then I saw Matthew Morrison also known as Mr. Schuester from Glee. I couldn't believe it that I saw Santino and Matthew Morrison all in one night. It made my night seeing them. I would recomment Umami Burger to anyone that is visiting LA and is looking for a quick bite to eat. However, it does get pretty pack.

xoxo,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment