Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Say "Cheese"


These are blueberry and pumpkin cheesecake. I've been making the blueberry cheesecake for the past three years. I usually make them for the holidays. These are cheesecake cupcakes (since it's bake in a cupcake tin). It's perfect for individual servings at parties. It's quick to make and it does not take long to bake. You can make these a day before the party too.

This was my first time making pumpkin cheesecake. I was afraid it was not going to taste good. My brother tried the cheesecake and he loved it. It was yummy. There was hints of cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. I used the rest of my pumpkin batter for my double layer pumpkin cheesecake.

I always wanted to make a double layer pumpkin cheesecake, but I was not sure how it would turn out. This was my first time making it. It was a success! Who's your cheesecake queen? Moi. It's easy to make the pie crust. It's just graham crackers and melted butter. You want an even layer of graham crackers on the bottom of the pan or you can buy the 9'in pan at the market. It's less work. The bottom layer is the regular cheesecake layer. The top layer is the pumpkin cheesecake. When you pour the pumpkin layer on, be very careful and pour it from the center of the baking pan.



You want to let it cool down before you chill it in the fridge. You can even put it in the freezer if you like. The pumpkin and regular cheesecake is a good balance. It wasn't too sweet. It had the perfect balance between sweet and savory from the pumpkin spices.

Here's a picture of the pan. I'm happy that the layers are almost even. I have some other cheesecake recipes that I will eventually make. Happy Eating.


xoxo,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment