Friday, June 22, 2012

Getty Villa


The Getty Villa Museum in Malibu is amazing. I loved everything about it. I could stay here forever. They have a special Aphrodite exhibit going on until July. Admission is free and parking is $15.

The Getty Villa is so much better than the Getty Center. I love the atrium, little ponds, fountains, statues, jewelry, etc. I was not able to take any photos of Aphrodite or Venus since the exhibit is a new one.

However here are some photos of the Getty Villa.
This Venus had a sign saying "Touch Me"


 
African Elephant Relief

 
Love this fountain

 
The ceiling is amazing

 
Roman Atrium

 
Blown glass

 
Funerary Jewelry

Funerary Crown
This was my first time at the Getty Villa. I have been to the Getty Center many times, just not the Getty Villa. The views and breeze from the beach is to die for. I didn't want to go home. I love the history behind each piece of statue, artifacts, etc. I was like a kid in a candy store. The jewelry are amazing.  At first I did not know that these crowns were funerary crowns. These crowns remind me of the current jewelry trend that people are now wearing in their hair. 

The ceramics and pottery got me really excited. I have try doing ceramics and it's very difficult. I love how the herringbone pattern on a Cycladic vase is still very popular in today's design. 

xoxo,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment