Friday, June 1, 2012

Interior Design

vases, mirrors, wallpaper, sconces, peonies, coral, aqua


I LOVE interior design. Most people don't know that I love home decor. I love decorating a home. I believe that you can decorate a home on a budget and it will turn out looking like you spent a fortune on it. I love decorating on a budget. I believe that you should never pay full price on an item. You can always find cheaper alternatives. I love imitating high end looks from designers. I believe that decorating can be affordable.

My love for interior design stems from my love of art, photography, and architecture. I took three years of art and a year of photography. I gained knowledge about color, color theory, perception, dimensions, juxtaposition, composition, etc. I love clean lines, color, and details. It's all about the details for me. I was going to major in art history so that I may study historical architecture and buildings. Instead I turned to my other love: social media. I may not have a design degree, but I have a very good eye for design.

My mom remodeled her house a few years ago and my sister Jenny and I got to choose the kitchen design and decorate the living rooms. My mom's house is a work in progress. There are things that I still want to change to make it better. I want to find a floor length mirror to put in the hallway so that it creates an illusion of a longer hallway. I also want to change out the sectional for a bigger sofa to create more seating. I want to replace her traditional rug with a Moroccan inspired trellis rug. My mom still has two bathrooms to remodel. My sister and I will get to make all of the decisions about what products we want in the bathrooms.

I am obsessed with color, poofs, mosaics, ceramics, shiny, glittery things, textures, etc. I am inspired by Hollywood Regency, Jonathan Adler, Greek key motif, chevron, ikat, and trellis designs. To me art, photography, and architecture is a form of design. Design elements blend in our everyday life; we just don't realize this. There are subtle design elements in what we wear, how we choose to accessorize, ceramics, pottery, buildings, cars, etc. The skills that I acquired from photography and art has greatly influence my design aesthetics. You can follow me on pinterest to see more of the beautiful things that I love. http://pinterest.com/copykats/ Happy decorating!

Here are some more things on my pin boards that I am obsessed with:

tufted headboards, chevron, stripes, hardwood floors, mason jars, winged back chair

Greek Key Inspirations


trays, chevron, jonathan adler's vases, throws, ottomans


xoxo,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment