Sunday, May 8, 2011

Dedication to My Mum


To My Mum,
Happy Mother's Day! I'm sorry this is the second Mother's Day that I have not been able to spend with you. I thank you for giving birth to me. I know that being a Mother is not always easy. I think that it is one of the hardest jobs in the world. I thank you for loving me and for making me become a better woman. I don't think I have told you this before, but you inspire me everyday. You are so selfless, that at times I wish you would stand up for yourself. You have sacrifice so much for me and my brother and sisters. I don't know how you do it. I am here if you ever need to "not be" strong. I am blessed to have a mother like you. Everyday I strive to make you proud. We may not see eye to eye on a lot of things, but that is the beauty of it. Thank you for being there for me whenever I needed you. I may get frustrated with you at times, but at the end of the day you are still my mother. I know you only WANT the best for me;however, your intentions may be misguide.

Mom we have been through so much together. My first steps, my first day of kindergarten, learning how to ride a bike, first communion, the terrible teens, learning how to drive a car, graduation, dropping me off at Berkeley, doctor's appointments, and hospital stays. What people say: A mother's love is unconditional. I know that you care but sometimes your words hurt more than anybody's else. I now understand that you would do anything to "FIND A CURE" for me. But you have to accept the fact that there is no cure. I know that it hurts you to see me in pain. I know that you are afraid that I may die sooner and maybe even before you. MOM, you have to set me free. I know that in your heart I will always be your little girl. However, you can not always protect me. I have told you that I am not afraid to die, but I am afraid of not being able to accomplish everything that I want to. I need to be able to LIVE and experience life.

Ever since I was a little girl I always strive to be more like you. I hope someday I can make you as proud of me as I am of you. My graduation a week from now is not just for me, it is for you too. The reason why I push myself so hard is because of your sacrifices. I wish I could have spent today celebrating what an awesome mother you are.

P.S. I Love You Mum. I can't wait to see you in about a week.

xoxo,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment