Friday, September 24, 2010

Food Addict


I am such a food addict. I love food and eating is the best part. I can't imagine beginning an anorexic. They are missing out. I love to cook when I have time on my hands. Lately I have been to lazy to cook, but I have started to cook again. On Wednesday night, I made fried rice for the very first time. It was delicious. It tasted exactly like how my mom makes it. I knew how to make fried rice, since I grew up watching my mom make it. I never attempt to cook it when I am at home because she always make it. It is very simple to make. The ingredients that you need to make fried rice are: rice, corn, eggs, chinese sausage, and shrimp. It is called fried rice; however, you don't fried the rice. It is more of a pan seared to heat the rice and blend it with the other ingredients. The secret to making good fried rice is: premium Oyster sauce. I usually use Lee Kim Kee's oyster sauce. People have the false notion that fried rice is made with soy sauce. It doesn't taste the same. The secret ingredient is oyster sauce. It gives the fried rice so much flavor and colors the rice the perfect brown shade. Fried rice is usually made with oyster sauce and not soy sauce.

xoxo,
Kat

2 comments:

  1. I tried making it on Thursday night and it came out OK. Thanks for the tip about the oyster sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem Melanie! =] I love sharing tips about how I cook things.

    ReplyDelete