Saturday, September 11, 2010

Remembering 9/11

Today is 9/11 and I have a bittersweet association with it. I can't believe that 9 years have passed by so quickly. Time really do fly by quickly...I remember that I was 13 when the twin towers collapsed. I remember being in class and being in a state of utter shock. I was in my algebra class at that time. When 9/11 happened I was devastated. My sister and I held each other and cried because I knew that we were going to go to war. My cousin was in the army at that time and I knew that he was going to be going to Iraq. I feared for his life. Thankfully he was only in Iraq for 1 year... I am so thankful to the soldiers that risk their lives to serve our country. I think that it is important to remember and honor all of the soldiers and civilians that we lost on that fateful day.

xoxo,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment