Sunday, March 27, 2011

Benlysta Approved

Press Announcements FDA approves Benlysta to treat lupus

FDA approves Benlysta for the treatment of Lupus on March 9th!!! Yay!
I am so happy after 56 years, Lupus finally gets a new treatment. Next time when I see my Rheumatologist, I need to ask about Benlysta. I do not want to be dependent on steroids for the rest of my life. I wonder what the side effects are for Benlysta? Anything is better than gain water weight, and having the moon face. This reminds me that I need to go see my rheumy soon.

March 9th is probably one of the happiest days for my life so far. I've been meaning to write this post a few weeks back, but I was consumed with studying for my midterms. I think that FDA made a wise decision in approving the medication because pharmaceuticals will generate a lot of money.

xoxo,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment