Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Yummy Yummy In My Tummy


I made chicken noodle soup since it's raining and getting colder in Berkeley. It is so easy to make instead of buying pre-package chicken noodle soup. I make my chicken noodle soup a little bit different from other people. I'm going to give you the recipe and you can try it out for yourselves.

Ingredients:
pepper
chicken breast
chicken broth
water
any kind of pasta
carrots
potatoes
fish sauce

I first boil the chicken broth and water together. I just eyeballed everything. I didn't use exact measurements for my soup. I use one part water to one part chicken broth. I like potatoes in my soup, but you can add celery or peas to your soup if you prefer. When the water boils I add the carrots and potatoes to it. I cut my chicken breast into 1 inch cubes and drop it into the pot also. I season the soup with pepper and fish sauce. You can use salt instead of fish sauce. I use fish sauce because I like the taste of it. When the carrots and potatoes are soft, I add in the pasta. I put my pot on low heat for about 20-30 minutes. It tastes really yummy and I like that I know what I am putting into my soup. I know that there aren't any preservatives in it.

xoxo,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment