Sunday, March 27, 2011

Japan Devastation

March 11, 2011

I was about to go out with Miki for drinks when I saw on my news feed that Japan was hit with a 8.9 earthquake. I was extremely shocked. It made me think of Miki and her family that lives in Japan. My hearts go out to her and everyone in Japan. These past few weeks we have been bombarded with news about Japan and the radiation and explosion from the nuclear plant. Thank god that none of Miki's family is effect by the Tsunami. However, they are effect by it indirectly.

Recently, someone I am not going to name names, but that person told me that she thinks what happened to Japan is because of Karma. I was very angry. How can you say that a natural disaster where thousands of people are effect by the aftermath karma? She justified her comments by saying that the Japanese said that what happened to Chernobyl is cause by savages and will never happen to Japan. I don't know where she got her facts from but I think that she is bias because she is from Ukraine.

I think that it is important to help Japan especially since the devastation will be ongoing. It was very surreal to think that the tsunami could hit California since we are in the Pacific. Thank god the damage was minimal. If you want to find out more about the Japanese tsunami or to help in Japan Relief check out the Huffington Post.

xoxo,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment