Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fatal Attraction


I have to admit, I have a fatal attraction to accidents. This is what happens when I fall down. My arm gave away. My body is not what it is use to be. Now I have to be more cautious. When I fell my elbow gave away, and my arm was in so much pain. I did not think that I broke my arm. However the pain became excruciating within the next week. My arm did swell up and it was bruised all over. I still refused to go get it check out by a doctor. I did not want my fears to be confirmed. I couldn't move or straighten my right arm for two weeks. I would drop things when I tried to use my right hand. My grip is very weak. I didn't cry about this. Instead I was laughing and my friends were amazed at how calm and nonchalant I was. This is why you see me smiling in the photo. It's a little inside joke between my best friend and I that when I go out, I some how always end up getting hurt.

About a week and a half ago it was my friend Christian's 21st birthday. We went out and go a few drinks with him. He was drunk and I was sober. We were walking home and Christian had the SMART idea to jump on my back so that I can give him a piggy back ride. I saw him looking at me and I said "No," but it was too late. He ran and jumped on my back. Mind you, I was wearing 4 inch heels. I went down like a sack of potatoes. My knees gave out right away. My friends had to help me up cause I couldn't get up. Christian felled on top of me. I couldn't believe that he would jump on me when he knows that my bones are really fragile since lupus. I was really mad at him. I still am. He still haven't apologize about making me fall.

I am just going to brush it off, but next time when he is drunk and decides to pull this stunt again I am going to punch him. He needs to understand that I could have bee seriously hurt. He was lucky that I didn't fracture or break anything when I fell. Thank god I was able to walk with the help of my other friends. As you can see I attract accidents. I just have to be extremely careful.

xoxo,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment