Sunday, August 8, 2010

Death Scare

On our last night in San Francisco, we decided to rent a room at Gaylord Suites. The hotel room was pretty nice. Here are a few photos of the hotel room. Oh what a night! This is the most memorable birthday Jenny and I have ever had. I will never forget it.


We didn't get to check into the hotel until 3pm. So, we left our bags there. We went to the Golden Gate Bridge and came back to rest before our last night out in the City. To night was supposed to be a memorable night since it was mine and Jenny's 22nd birthday! I felt really safe since I was with family and we finally get to party together again (the last time was Rose's birthday many years ago). It was supposed to be a fun night. I will always remember this birthday for the rest of my life.

We got ready around 9pm to go to dinner. We drank before we when to dinner (vodka=my poison once again). It was really cold, but I didn't bring a jacket when I packed that morning to go to SF. I was freezing in my black pants, and ruffle one-sleeved blouse (the alcohol helped me stayed warmed).

We ate at the Daily Grill. We had some white and rose wine. The food was good. I am not that much of a steak person, so I didn't order steak. I order fish instead. There is no surprise there since I love seafood.

After dinner, we went back to our hotel room, drank some more, and took a cab to Ivan's place (my cousin Rose's friend) to go hang out with him. We were all sober. We arrived at Ivan's around 11pm, he lives in the Marina District. We went to the Bucaneer, a bar. It was alright (crowded). We all took a shot together as a group. Jenny and I bought a round of drinks for my cousins and us. Ivan introduced us to some of his friends that were at the bar. Felipe was one of his friends. He is so not my type or my sister's type. I was so not feeling him. He was trying to be really suave, but I was not having it. He tried to make a move on me, but I was giving him the don't fuck with me vibe.

My cousins and I really wanted to dance, since we haven't danced in a long time. So we left to go clubbing; however, the clubs close earlier in SF. So it is back to the bar for all of us.

My cousin Bich and I were talking to some guys around us and Jenny was talking to Felipe and some other guy. I kept my eyes on Jenny the whole time since I was sober even after I drinking a beer. I noticed that Felipe was all over my sister and was really touchy towards her, and so was the other guy. I thought the other guy was really shady because he had a girl with him when we first walked into the bar. It was clear that he is taken. I also noticed that Jenny was overly friendly. But I didn't see if Felipe or the other guy slip my sister a drink. I am pretty sure that they did.

My attention was distracted because it was closing call. The three guys that I was talking to, found out that it was my birthday, and they started to sing happy birthday to me and the whole bar sang along with them. We went outside to call a cab back to Ivan's and that is when I started to notice that there is something wrong with Jenny. She was swerving worst than a drunk person. She lost all control of her body. I knew that she is not drunk because I have seen her drunk. She can drink a lot like me.

When we got back to Ivan's, all Jenny wanted to do was sleep. When Ivan's roommate let us into their apartment, Jenny couldn't walk anymore. Her body was dead weight. She started to hyperventilate and she needed help up the stairs. I wanted to cry when her eyes started to roll. She couldn't really throw up. She looked like she was on drugs, and she was making noises like she was choking. It didn't help that her head kept on flopping back and forth. I had to pull her hair to keep her head up. Bich and I was terrified. We brought her to the bathtub to force her to throw up, but nothing came up. When we tried to get her to drink water she couldn't swallow. The water just drip down her mouth. She was asking for someone to help her since she can't breathe. I thought she was going to die. We told Rose to call 911 so that she can be taken to the hospital. It was 3 a.m. and there flight home was at 7a.m. I didn't know if they would be able to make it home.

The paramedics took her to the hospital, but they did not do a drug test on her. They think that she is just "intoxicated." Are you fucking me? I KNOW that she was drugged! Her eyes never stopped rolling and she had anxiety. She said that she felt like she was dying. This is not how my sister is like when she is drunk. I was scared to death.

They discharged her at 5 a.m. from the hospital. I thought that the hospital did a poor job of helping my sister. Her body was in shock when she came out. She was shaking, her eyes are still rolling, and she looked like a sick person. She did not look normal. It broke my heart seeing her like this. I felt so helpless and I didn't know what to do.

I have never been so afraid in my entire life. I was afraid that I was going to lose my best friend, my twin, some one that knows me better than anyone else in this entire world. I do get annoyed at her, but I can not imagine losing her. She is my best friend-my partner in crime. Our bond is unconditional. She is more than just my best friend. I wanted to cry, to hit someone, and to beat up the douche bag that did this to my sister. I now understand how she feels when she sees me in pain because of my lupus. My sister means the world to me even if I do not show it. I don't think I will ever recover if I were to lose her. I think that I am more afraid of her passing than my own health.

My cousins and I will probably look back on this moment and laugh about it in a few years, but not now. My cousins and sister did make flight home. It saddens me when I talked to my sister later that day she asked me what happened. She didn't remember getting on the cab, flying home, being in the hospital. All she remembers is going to the bar and drinking with all of us and that is it. She doesn't remember anything that happens afterward. I KNOW for sure that it was either Felipe or the other guy that drugged my sister. For two days after the incident, my sister still feels out of it and not like her usual self.

I can just imagine other girls that are not as lucky as my sister, who ends up getting rape, waking up naked in a strange bed, not knowing how many guys raped you. I think that guys that do these things should be brought to justice. I don't understand how they can do this and feel no remorse. I sometimes wonder what if these guys have daughters in the future, would they want their daughters to be treated like how they treat women. I guess I am just really disappointed in men. They just see women as a piece of meat and we aren't. I am not generalizing all men, just the douchebags that can't get girls that resort to drugging women. Who do they think they are?

I have never felt so disappoint in my entire life. I want to leash out at someone, but I can't. I just need to talk to someone. I feel so lost and angry. This is why for the past two weeks I have not post anything new. What a great way to end our birthday with Jenny almost getting rape. We are never living down this birthday!

xoxo,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment