Sunday, August 8, 2010

Goodbye MoonFace

After TWO years I am going to be off prednisone!!! WooHOo!!! I am jumping for joy! You don't know how happy I am to finally be able to not take steroids. I can't wait to start losing all the water weight that I gained from taking the steroids. No more moonface. There are days when I wake-up in the morning and just want to hide because my face is swollen from the water retention (my face would be really puffy). I seriously don't recognize the girl that stares back at me in the mirror. I've put on a total of twenty-six pounds from the steroids... =[

My Rheumy informed me that I will have to take steroids again when I lose all the weight that I have gained. So I guess I can't run from it. There is just no winning with Lupus. Steroids are my poison. I didn't choose to take it; it chose me. After being back on steroids, my other meds will be cut down since my body weight is too less to handle a high dose...I just wish there was a magic pill that I can take besides the steroids. Plus it tastes so nasty. I don't understand why anyone would choose it as there drug of choice.

I don't know if there is a connection with my steroids being cut and waking up this morning feeling like a cripple. I couldn't walk. It hurts a lot putting pressure on my right leg. So I walk with a limp. I don't know how I am going to survive working tomorrow. I think I might die. I am not experiencing arthritis pain in my joints. So I don't know what's wrong. Hopefully, I will be able to walk tomorrow or I'll be screwed!

xoxo,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment