Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Mia Familia

So my parents and sisters came today to visit me before school starts. I'm not going to lie, it's so good to see them. I didn't realized how much I missed them until I saw them today. My family is just so important to me. I am so thankful that they drove 6 hours from southern California to see me in Berkeley. Next time I will see them in November for thanksgiving!

I know that I laugh and say that I only miss the food from home, but really I do miss my family (even though I tried very hard to deny it). It makes me sad to think that my parents are getting older since I am getting older too. I use to think that they were invincible. But they aren't. Everyone dies sooner or later. Hopefully later. I don't think that I will be able to cope if i were to lose my parents. It saddens me that they are getting older. If only everyone can stay forever young...

I use to think that I was invincible (that I was not going to grow old or die). However, I got my wake-up call pretty early when I was diagnosis with Lupus. I now am trying to make my life meaningful. I want to be able to help others like me before I pass away. I use to be so scared of dying. But I am not any longer. I am scared of not being able to accomplish all of my goals before I die. I have learned that we only live once in this lifetime and that everyone will eventually die (either because of natural causes or diseases). So instead of worrying about all the petty little things in life, I tend to focus my energy and time on things that do matter.

xoxo,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment