Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Feeling Wicked

I saw Wicked, the musical last Wednesday in San Francisco with my roomies. It was amazing. I absolutely LOVED Wicked!!! The songs that are still stuck in my head are: "Popular" sung by Galinda and "Defying Gravity," by Elphaba. These two main characters were fantastic! I wish I am able to sing like them. The whole show lasted about three hours and it was worth it. The story line of the musical is very interesting. Elphaba is not a wicked witch like how she is portrayed in the Wizard of Oz. Her character is more likable and relatable in Wicked. We get to see her vulnerability and why she is the way that she is.
The next musical on my list that I have been wanting to watch since forever is Phantom of the Opera. If I was able to I would watch musicals all the time.

So I swore that I would not watch the Twilight Saga:Eclipse. However, last Saturday I watched Eclipse with Nastya and Sally. I read all of the twilight novels and refused to watch any of the movies. Because the movies sucked. I mean really vampires? The only vampire series that I am willing to watch is TRUE BLOOD. TRUE BLOOD is the shit even though Sookie annoys me with her voice.

Nastya and Sally got me to watch Eclipse with them. I didn't watch the first two movies though. Eclipse was alright. I prefer the book to the movie. Jacob has the body but he is too beffy for my tastes. One word: Beefcake. I prefer leaner men. He may have the body but not the face. I will always be team Edward. Edward is a better match for Bella. Jacob is too short for her and it looks weird when he is standing next to her. One thing I don't like about the movie is that the werewolves look so fake. They did not look realistic. I don't get why people are so obsessed with vampires and werewolves. Vampires and werewolves don't exist. However some people think that they are real and want to have a vampire/werewolf boyfriend. I mean come on now. You are just deluding yourself.

Now I am pretty excited for the 4th movie, but I won't watch it. I already know what is going to happen in the last movie. More twists to come is all I'm saying. I hope the last movie follows the novel's plot.

xoxo,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment