Sunday, July 25, 2010

Shoegasm

I have been feeling really down lately. Emotionally drained. I wanted company and someone that I would be able to talk to. I made plans with my friend Cecilia to meet up on Friday after work. I was so looking forward to talking to a friend that I haven't seen in a month. Something you should know about Cecilia is that she is a foodie like me. We love food. We like go to new places to eat too. So after work we met up and went to Philz Coffee. It just opened down on Shattuck (north side). There coffee is pretty amazing and word on the street is that in the morning they have really good pastries. (I will have to try there pastry sometime next week). I had the philtered soul coffee and coconut macaroon. The coffee was good, but I prefer my coffee to be really sweet. Next time, I'll tell them to add more sugar. However, the coffee balance out the sweetness of the coconut macaroon. Cecilia and I didn't even feel the earthquake that hit SF.

After coffee (which was like two hours) we decided to do a little shopping. I did not think that I would buy anything. When I went into the store, I went straight to the shoes. OMG! I was having a shoegasm. I felt like I died and gone to heaven. I first picked up a pair of Enzo Angolini leathered flats. Then I saw Steve Madden's black patent leather heels and had to have them. They look really sexy on. My favorite pair that I bought was the Bandolino violet suede wedges.

Afterward we went to a book store and I bought a leather bound, gold-trimmed book that contains five novels from Charlotte and Emily Bronte. This is so bad. Whenever I am with Cecilia, I spend money.

Cecilia and I decided to go to Ippuku for drinks before getting dinner. I got a Suntory beer while she got an amami soju. The beer was good. Next time I think I will try the 18 year old Suntory wiskey. The waiter said that it is very good. We had dinner at Cheeseboard. They had a peach pizza that day so the line was pretty long. I was expecting the pizza to have huge chunks of peaches all over it. The pizza actually had very thin layers of peaches underneath the cheese. It was more of a savory pizza. It was not sweet at all, but a little bit salty due to the cheese. The pizza was different. I'm glad I tried it.

At the end of the day the shopping and company of a friend did made me happy, but only in that "Moment." I realized that I was still sad and in this "dark mood." Buying things do not really make people happy. It just gives them a high and when that high is over, they buy more things to be able to experience that high again. I love my NEW SHOES, but I guess I just feel disappoint with people in general. A girl can never have too many shoes. =]

Here are some pictures of my new shoes. Enjoy.
The first photos are of the Bandolino wedges.



The second photo is of the Enzo Angolini flats


The last photo is of the Steve Madden patent leather heels


xoxo,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment