Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Getting Whooped

I have been feeling the blues lately for the past week and a half. It is partially due to me being sick and the gloomy Berkeley weather. It puts me into a dark mood. I don't know why, but this week I have just been really down and sad. I don't feel like socializing with other people. This is why I haven't been posting any new blogs lately. I am too tired to even want to type anything or think. I just want to curl up in bed and stay there the whole day. But I don't have that luxury. I have work everyday.

I can honestly say that I am losing my voice more each day. I don't know if I have the flu or cold. At first I had a fever, my throat hurts a lot, I can't breathe, had headaches and started to cough. It is torture at night when I have to breathe through my mouth. Today, I think that I am getting better. I still sneeze, cough, and at times can't breather; however, my voice is not as bad as last week. I think I just need to rest, but haven't been able to with work. I feel tired and I think I surprised my roommates yesterday when I went to bed really early. I was pretty out of it. It is so unfair that my roommate got sick when I did, but she is all better now. Whereas I am still sick. It sucks when my immune system can't fight bacteria or viruses since I am taking immunosuppressants. So it takes me longer than the average person to get better.

TODAY I decided to go to the gym. Maybe working out will make me feel better. Let's just say that the scoreboard is stairmaster:1 me:0. I got my ass whooped by the stairmaster. My legs and butt will feel sore tomorrow. But all is fair in love and war. The stairmaster and cybrex is whooping my body back into shape. I want to be tone and healthy. Exercise is good for me. My Rheumy even ordered me to exercise. I am finally taking better care of myself: by eating a more balance diet, exercising and taking my medications.

I think that exercising can be addicting. I'm going to become a GYM RAT. I am going to the gym tomorrow after work. Working out is never fun, but it makes me feel good after I exercise and my joints won't be stiff. One lesson that I learned today is to never eat a huge meal before working out. There were many times that I felt like I would throw up while I was on the stairmaster. Next time I will eat something light (maybe an apple).

xoxo,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment