Monday, July 12, 2010

Mottos

My NEW Motto in life: Life is too short to wake up with regrets. Love the people who treat you right. Forget about the ones who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy. They just promised it would be worth it...

Another motto that I borrowed from my sister Jenny and tries to incorporate into my life is: Dance as if no one is watching, sing as if no one is listening, and live every day as if it were your last!

These two mottos have taken a very important role in my life recently. My outlook on everything that I believed in has changed drastically. I try to enjoy all of the little things in life because the next day might be your last. Being hospitalized really puts everything into perspective. I just really appreciate things more now than ever. This is why I love dancing in the rain when it is not pouring! I like to take risks (it's fun living on the edge) and it might change your life. I usually let things slide, especially when other people are petty because it is not worth getting work up over nothing. Please don't mistake that this means: I let people walk all over me. I DON'T. Ask my sisters: I can BE MEAN. I really don't need more stress from other peoples' insecurities. I have enough to deal with (I just don't want drama).

I can honestly say that I have never been happier in my life. I am finally comfortable in my own skin. I know who I am, what I want out of life and I like the person I have become. =] I appreciate everyday more now than before because after having my life flash before my eyes (I am determine to do everything at least once). I like taking risks because I don't want to live with regrets, always wondering "what if?" I am very lucky that the doctors caught my lupus early and that I am able to take preventive medications so that my lupus does not damage my organs quickly. Even though it sucks that I have to take these medicines for the rest of my life at least I am still alive.

xoxo,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment